The 3160 uses a bank of atomizers and the research grade TSI classifier to challenge a filter or filter media with known-size, monodisperse particles. Two new generation Condensation Particle Counters (CPCs) simultaneously count the upstream and downstream particles while the software calculates the penetration value. Filters can be sequentially challenged with up to 20 different monodisperse particle sizes in the range from 15 to 800 nm. The penetration value for each particle size is obtained. At the end of a test, the model 3160 generates a curve of penetration vs. particle size and produces a summary of test results, including the MPPS.
HEPA and ULPA filters are used in hospitals, operating rooms, laboratories, cleanrooms and other places that require low concentrations of particles, bacteria, etc. They are characterized by their retention at the most penetrating particle size (MPPS).
- Determines fractional filter efficiencies and the MPPS
- Complies with EN 1822 parts 3 and 5
- Simple automated operation
- Used to test both low- and high-efficiency filters and filter media
- Highly consistent test results
- Service and support
- HEPA and ULPA filter and filter media testing (EN 1822 parts 3 and 5)
- Fractional efficiency filter testing
- Automated filter testing
TSI 4148 Flow Calibrator