MicroMill Sampling Prep Device
MicroMill is a microsampling device designed for high resolution milling to recover sample powder for chemical and isotopic analysis. The combination of submicron stage resolution and positional accuracy, real-time video observation and a custom designed software system allows for sampling of complex accretionary structures in skeletal and crystalline materials.
Features & Benefits
- Sub-micron sample motion control
- High-precision milling.
- Sample height detection and tilt correction by a drill-tip sensor.
- Sample map navigation increases sample-area field-of-view.
- 50mm of computer-driven sample movement on X, Y and Z axes.
- Sub-sampling path interpolation.
- Data/image file re-coordination, including save, recall, and export.
- New contour-following function.
Because of its high-resolution milling capability, MicroMill is extremely useful in a range of applications. Two examples of these are the following:
Complex crystal growth zonation: Subsampling provides high-resolution elemental isotopic chemistries, and intra-zonal variations of the crystal structure.
Accretionary growth structure examination: Subsampling within annual growth banding of molluscan shells allows reconstructing seasonal variations present during the life of an organism, such as a clam.
- Brochure 364Kb