Ultrafine Particle Monitor - 3031
To better understand the health effects associated with ultrafine particles, there is a need to complement traditional parameters (PM10 and PM2.5) by establishing networks to routinely monitor ultrafine particles. The Model 3031 Ultrafine Particle (UFP) Monitor has been specifically designed for long-term, air quality monitoring networks.
The UFP Monitor operates continuously, 24-hours a day, for months on end, with minimal maintenance and requires no working fluids. The UFP Monitor has no radioactive source, so there are no special licensing requirements and no restrictions for its use or where it can be installed. The Model 3031 fits into a standard 19-inch, rack mount cabinet, which allows it to be easily installed into existing roadside and urban air quality monitoring stations. A bench top version of this instrument (the Model 3031-1) is available for laboratory or mobile applications.
Developed under the auspices of European Union’s UFIPOLNET project, the UFP Monitor has demonstrated it is well suited for long-term, ultrafine particle monitoring. Since the beginning of 2007, four UFP Monitors have been routinely monitoring ultrafine particles in Stockholm, Dresden, Prague and Augsburg.
Features & Benefits
- Long-term, unattended operation
- Low start-up and operating costs
- No working fluids; no radioactive source
- Convenient data management with remote access via the Internet
- Covers the size range of greatest interest (20-500 nm)
- Six channels of size distribution data
- Continuous measurements every 10 minutes
- Optional environmental sampling system
- Urban air quality monitoring
- Road side measurements
- Epidemiology studies
- Traffic monitoring