Aerosol Chemical Speciation Monitor
The Aerodyne Aerosol Chemical Speciation Monitor (ACSM) measures quantitative particle mass loading and chemical composition in real-time for non-refractory sub-micron aerosol particles. Smaller, lower cost and more robust than our AMS instruments, the ACSM is designed for long-term unattended deployment and routine monitoring applications.
Unlike the AMS, the ACSM does not provide size resolved composition information.
Features & Benefits
- Quantitative, universal detection with thermal vaporization and electron impact ionization mass spectrometry.
- Internal calibration reference.
- Automated zeroing with a filter.
- Long-term (months) unattended operation with minimal maintenance.
- Remote control ready.
- Measurement of aerosol mass loadings and chemical composition with >15 minute time resolution for routine environmental monitoring.
- Routinely reports average particle NO3, SO4, NH4, Cl and Organic fraction.
- Advanced analysis provides separation and quantification of organic aerosol species including HOA (hydrocarbon-like organic aerosol, linked to primary combustion sources) and OOA (oxygenated organic aerosol, linked to secondary aersol sources) using numerical deconvolution methods (e.g., Positive Matrix Factorization)
- Deployment on mobile platforms, such as vans.
- Chamber studies of aerosol formation and processing.
- Industrial process monitoring.
- Brochure 173Kb